2nd Line IT Support Engineer
Reports To - IT Manager
Provide Support to Users for any tickets escalated from 1st line. The 2nd Line Engineer will also implement infrastructure and support to projects when needed.
- As well as being capable of all 1st line tasks a 2nd Line Engineer is expected to do the following;
- Provide 1st line Engineers with support and escalation routes
- Help retain ISO9001 by bringing reported changes to Support processes to the IT Manager
- Be listed in the 24/7 on call rota to cover Incidents in 1st/2nd Line Role
- Taking ownership of escalated 1st Line customer support tickets.
- Undertake diagnosis of tickets obtaining all necessary information
- Resolve customer issues within service level guidelines, escalating issues when appropriate to Senior 2nd Line Engineer or IT Manager
- Creation of knowledge base items.
- Ensure clear, timely and professional communication, with end Users
- Logging and managing incidents and service requests
- Windows Server Operating System Administration
- Ensuring incidents and service requests are resolved or updated within the SLA's
- Deploy Microsoft, Anti-Virus Updates and Patches
- Ensuring the IT Manager is aware of any issues that need to be raised and escalated.
- Administration of Windows Active Directory users, Group Policy, Monitoring of Domain health and maintenance of DNS records.
- G Suite domain administration, organisation, license management
- New starter deployment from request to induction of user
- Asset Management - Monitor and keep records of our IT estate including licensing ready for IT Manager when needed.
- Deal with users who may be frustrated by the support process, especially if they have come from an escalation
- High Level of Active Directory administration experience
- Group Policy administration
- Fault resolution within SLA via Ticket 1st Response and closure.
- Windows environment Administration (Server 2012/2016, Active Directory, Hyper-V).
- Windows Desktop support (ideally Windows 7, 8 and 10), including upgrades and deployments.
- Office 2013 and Google Docs, Sheets and gmail etc User support
- Firewalls - administration & maintenance
- Windows-based networking and troubleshooting, including an understanding of IP Communications, DHCP and DNS.
- Antivirus Software such as Sophos, Avast etc
- Administrator Qualification) would be an advantage.
- 2 Years' Experience working in a team-oriented environment dealing with Network or desktop support
- Email administration
- Antivirus administration
- Administration of Cloud based software systems
- Google Apps Support
- PC and Laptop hardware repairs
- PC and Laptop Installation
- PC and Laptop Configuration
- Project Management exposure
- Clear and concise communication both written and verbally
- Flexibility to react quickly, reschedule and prioritise workload
- Confident in assessing situations and taking decisions solely when unsupervised
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment