- The successful candidate will work within the Suspension Systems Tuning Group. The Engineer will have responsibility for design and delivery to production of Air Valve Pipes for the clients Air Suspension Systems.
- The candidate will: - Develop design concepts using CAD and through close working relationships with interfacing teams (e.g. BIW, Chassis, Powertrain, Electrical, Manufacturing, Service).
- Prepare engineering content (Designs, Specifications, Statement of Work) to Purchasing to enable supplier sourcing.
- Manage Air Pipe supplier to deliver required designs for prototype builds and production.
- Apply Failure Mode Avoidance techniques (FMEA).
- Manage Design Verification Plan for testing conducted at the supplier and at the client and record using the client requirement management system (RMDV).
- Release and manage engineering designs using client systems (e.g. icreate, AIMS).
- Work with smartsheets to ensure components delivered on time and to target
- CAD experience. Preferably V5 or V6
- Knowledge of client Systems preferred (AIMS)
- Use of BOM Release Software (WERS / iCreate)
- Knowledge of Chassis systems Understanding of Engineering Quality principles, primarily DFMEA
- Effective communication and team working skills
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3 key skills required Demonstrated competence at delivering technical solutions Effective planning and delivery to quality, cost and timing targets
- Demonstrated common sense
- Engineering degree