Due to continued expansion, we are recruiting for an Accountant to join our client’s dynamic team at its office in High Wycombe. This position is with a well-renowned accountancy practice with an enviable reputation.
The role will involve accounts, tax work and some auditing for a client base including limited companies and sole traders, supporting Directors and Senior Managers in running their portfolios.
Reporting to Senior Managers, the Accountant will have the following responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Liaising with clients (individuals and businesses) and providing financial information and advice
- Producing year-end accounts
- Completing self-assessments and corporate tax returns
- Maintaining accounting records and preparing accounts and management information for small businesses (accountancy)
- Supporting the Company Directors’ clients
- Supporting and mentoring junior colleagues
- Some travel to other offices and client sites may be required
Applicants for this position will have the following skills and experience:
- Recently qualified ACCA/ACA, with previous experience within a practice environment, ideally, at least 3 years’
- Demonstrated financial management experience
- Legislative compliance – ability to interpret and relevant legislation to clients
- Previous experience of working with clients in a busy accountancy practice
- Be IT literate; good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Sage, QuickBooks, Xero and preferably, CCH
- Coaching junior team members
- Some auditing experience would be an advantage but is not essential
- Ability to deliver a high-quality accountancy service to clients
- Strong but empathic communication skills
- Mobile and flexible to work in other company offices and client’s sites when applicable
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Good team player
This highly professional practice will offer the Accountant a competitive salary and benefits, a supportive and friendly working environment and to opportunity to thrive and develop.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
This may not be your perfect role today, so register your details here and we will contact you as suitable vacancies arise.
Submit your CV for this Accountant role