Our client, a prestigious, Top 20 accountancy practice, is looking to recruit an Accounts Manager to join the accounts team at the firm’s Newbury office. The overview of this position is to manage a portfolio of clients and to be part of the management, training and development of the accounts team.
Reporting to the partners, your responsibilities as Accounts Manager will include:
- Managing a client portfolio assigned by the partners
- Effectively manage a team to ensure efficient and timely accounts preparation for clients
- Reviewing work on accounts and other assignments prepared by team members
- Delegating analysis work to junior staff, monitor progress and reviewing completed work
- Training and development of trainees within the team
- Travelling to client premises as required and dealing with clients in a professional manner either in person, by telephone or email
- Attending client meetings and provide advice to clients on accounting and tax matters
- Ensuring client engagement documentation is up to date
- Drafting of invoices to clients and chase outstanding invoices
- Regular review of client WIP and debtors
- Preparation of proposals for new work
- Attendance at marketing events
- Conducting mid-year and annual appraisals
- Approval of staff annual leave and training requests and be involved in staff recruitment
We welcome applications from candidates with the following skills and experience:
- A commercially aware, qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant with at least three years demonstrable practice experience
- Experience in the preparation of financial statements
- Be competent in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel and have a working knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts, Xero, QuickBooks and other accounting packages
- Experience in the preparation of corporation tax computations and personal tax matters
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make decisions, solve problems and take appropriate action and deal confidently and positively with poor and underperformance issues
- Be able to identify high calibre candidates and to be competent at interviewing
- Ability to prioritise the day-to-day workload to achieve client accounting deadlines
- Demonstrate good timekeeping skills and a professional attitude in all aspects of work
- To be an active team player with a flexible and adaptable approach, including tailoring leadership style for different team members
The Accounts Manager will receive a competitive salary and benefits, depending upon experience, free parking and a supportive working environment, within which, the successful candidate can thrive and develop professionally.
This may not be your perfect role today, so register your details here and we will contact you as suitable vacancies arise.
Submit your CV for this Accounts Manager role
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.