On behalf of a Top 20 accountancy practice, we are recruiting for an Accounts Semi-Senior to join the firm’s team at its Newbury office. The main function of this role will be to provide accounts preparation, tax returns and business advice to a range of primarily owner managed businesses.
Reporting to the Accounts Manager, the Accounts Semi-Senior will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of accounts for a variety of small business clients
- Preparation of all draft documents including letter of representation and minutes
- Arrange for tax computation to be prepared by the tax team and provide them with all the data which they have requested, along with a drafted tax comp and subsequently posts tax journals and update the accounts file for the tax computation received
- Highlight any deficiencies in client records provided, or in the conduct of the client’s business, which may be of concern and recommend action to client
- Ensure necessary adjustments are made to accounts before they are finalised and that disclosure checklists are completed
- Management accounts preparation
- Delegate analysis work to more junior staff and monitor progress, including reviewing work once complete
- Travelling to client premises as required and to deal with clients in a professional manner either in person, telephone or by email
Within this role, you will have the opportunity to continue working towards qualification, if that is required.
To be considered for this position, you will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Part qualified ACA/ACCA currently studying, AAT or exceptional QBE
- Previous demonstrable practice experience
- Experience in the preparation of financial statements
- Be IT literate; competent in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) with experience of working with Sage 50 Accounts and Xero
- Experience in the preparation of corporation tax computations and personal tax returns
- Team player able to develop good relationships with clients and within the firm
- Ability to manage workload and time effectively and solve problems as they arise
- Self-motivation and positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
In return for your skills, experience and commitment, this prestigious firm will offer a competitive salary and benefits package, full study support if required and a friendly, supportive working environment, within which an enthusiastic individual can thrive.
Please note, we can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
This may not be your perfect role today, so register your details here and we will contact you as suitable vacancies arise.
Submit your CV for this Accounts Semi-Senior role