We have a new part -time opportunity for an Activities Organiser to work in a care home in North West London for the elderly and younger adults with physical disabilities. The post is for 21 hours per week with a requirement to work on some weekends. The salary is £10, 600. The purpose of the role is to organise and support a variety of stimulating and therapeutic activities that help with the residents’ integration and their ability to lead an enriching life that meets their potential.
- Developing and implementing a programme of inspiring activities, home and centre based as well as outings
- Lead motivational activities
- Encouraging residents to maintain their links with their local community by participating in events outside the home
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of activities
- Arrange, enable and attend residents ‘meetings to ensure that all views are heard and incorporated into action plans as required
- Supporting volunteers who assist with activities in the home
Requirements of the post
- Experience of working with older people with dementia and/ or adults with physical disabilities and/or younger adults with mental health challenges
- Experience of developing and implementing social activities within a care setting
- Experience of team working, managing volunteers and staff to implement activities
- Ability to organise and plan a person centred diverse social activity programme both in centre and outings
- An understanding of dementia
Benefits include: Employer pension contribution, training, free meals and a range of other perks and benefits.
Oakley Professional Consultancy are an agency, and this is just one of a number of opportunities we have available.
In the first instance please send your CV to Geri Walker. The successful candidate will undergo full safeguarding checks.