Role: Aftersales Technical Expert (Europe)
Location: Dietzenbach, Frankfurt
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: €55,000 per annum
A global automotive OEM, who are leading the way with electric vehicles are currently looking for an experienced Aftersales Technical Expert to work from their Frankfurt office, servicing clients all over Europe.
- 1st line support for Dealer Network on technical issues
- TIE response to dealer (under 30 minutes)
- Ensure TIE operation is within expected guidelines (dealer performance)
- Operation of DSA repair tool
- Remote diagnostic tool operation by TeamViewer
- Feedback into FIFI process
- Aftersales representation at FIFI scheduled weekly meetings
- Monitoring technical trends and reporting on TIM system where appropriate
- Dealer visits for technical support where necessary
- Dealer visits for process support where necessary
- Additional technician support (training) 1-1 where necessary
- Verification of repair processes in published materials
- Input with other departments to resolve issues and quality concerns
- Testing of potential resolutions
- In-Dealer special tool requirement, assessment/procurement/testing
- Author/advise on service technical bulletins
- Assess dealer repairs/Warranty claims for suitability and correct process
- Collate and grow background technical information for advanced diagnostic assistance
- Body/paint repair technical resolution
- Development of Aftersales specific dealer standards
- Inspection of Authorised Repair outlets (to Aftersales standards)
- Issue and monitoring of Authorised Repairer action plans to improve standards
- Provide written communication and presentations to share knowledge with other team members
- Ensure Aftersales repair methods are suitable for use in market
- Assessment of published repair times (Warranty/Market suitability)
- Provide product/repair coaching for other team members
- Provide technical support through multiple medias; phone, e-mail, forum, video conference
- To assess warranty repairs in market and update/approve on Warranty System
- Data analysis from Aftersales IT systems (Warranty, TIE, SBOM)
- Provision of information and training to Engineering, Manufacturing and Aftersales areas.
- Support for verification/validation, in-market testing & the management of test plans.
- Liaise with engineering development and suppliers to ensure knowledge is kept at “Expert” level
- EPC assessment and problem resolution
- Dealer bulletin authoring and assessment (Process and Parts)
- Track record of working as an electrical and/or vehicle technician (7 years +) within an automotive workshop or automotive OE environment.
- Advanced understanding of vehicle electrical systems.
- Multiple languages; German, English, French essential (others desirable)
- Practical experience of using laptop-based vehicle diagnostic toolsets.
- Practical experience of working with vehicle electrical diagrams and system schematics.
- Ability to plan, organise & control time efficiently & profitably.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Shift working, including Saturday mornings (rota)
- Understanding of failure mode detection techniques & analysis.
- Confident user of IT in particular Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Industry recognised technician qualifications (BTEC ONC/HNC or an apprenticeship combined with relevant experience).
- Full driving license is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.