You will like
Working for a world leading manufacturer of drive technology for mechanical and electronic solutions at world class HQ in Brampton, GTA, Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canda.
Scope of products includes geared motors, motors, industrial gear units, gear drives, frequency inverters, motor starters and frequency inverters for decentralized drive control. Our client assembles custom, high-efficiency mechanical power transmission products using quality company-built components which enhance the reliability of equipment used worldwide, supporting industries such as transportation, mining, energy, food & beverage.
You will be proud of their excellent reputation for meeting the unique needs of the Canadian market and they are renowned for unwavering commitment to a rigorous engineering focus, constant improvement and category-defining innovation.
You will like
The Applications Engineering & Customer Service Manager role itself where you will be responsible for delivering consistently high service levels and ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the Customer Service & Application Engineering Departments. He or she partners with senior management to plan and develop service level standards, metrics and goals for the Customer Service & Application Engineering Departments in alignment with the overall client’s strategy, goals and objectives. The jobholder possesses strong knowledge of the Power Transmission industry, current customer service methodologies and best practices. Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills will assist the incumbent in effective staff planning and quickly resolving issues and problems, both with processes and customers, while ensuring service levels are maintained. The Customer Service & Application Engineering Manager also plays a key role in developing, training and supporting Customer Service & Application Engineering staff to achieve personal and departmental goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement the customer service strategy, business plan, policies and procedures in support of the overall organizational strategy, goals and objectives, while coordinating activities with the Sales, Production and Materials Control departments.
- Lead and inspire your team to develop value added habits that consistently exceed customer expectations.
- Manage all customer service & application engineering operations, including efficient processing of transactions, technical inquires, order entry and tracking, sales follow up, customer returns, invoices, payments, discounts and customer communications and administrative activities.
- In coordination with Senior Management, determine staffing requirements and make hiring decisions for the Customer Service & Application Engineering Departments.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Customer Service & Application Engineering teams to ensure industry leading service levels. Increase efficiencies wherever possible.
- Set individual performance goals and objectives for the Customer Service & Application Engineering teams, conduct annual performance reviews and meet with team members regularly, in both group and one-on-one settings, to provide guidance and personal development opportunities.
- Coach and mentor Customer Service & Application Engineering employees on various customer service and problem resolution methods, techniques and best practices to motivate and encourage a consistently high level of performance from each individual and team. Investigate and resolve customer complaints, issues and problems, and coordinate with others, internally and externally, as needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement customer service metrics, collect data and monitor, track and report on the [weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual] service levels, targets and goals, ensuring that targets are achieved and exceeded.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to enhance operations.
- Provide customer feedback to, Senior Management, Regional Managers and other internal stakeholders to improve overall customer service and satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with new and existing customers to retain business and promote revenue growth opportunities.
- Build and maintain positive internal working relationships to ensure excellent customer service and satisfaction.
- Handle escalated calls, e-mails and written correspondence, investigating and resolving customer complaints, issues and problems and coordinating with others, internally and externally, as needed, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of our client’s products and services by attending training and product demonstrations and by reading marketing materials and manuals.
You will have
To be successful as Applications Engineering & Customer Service Manager, you will have:
- Education: Bachelor Degree Mechanical Engineering, Customer Service & Supervisory training (Preferred)
- Experience: 7-10 years’ experience working in Customer Service and/or Application Engineering environments. Previous leadership or supervisory experience (Preferred).
- Fluently Bilingual: (English, French) written & spoken. (Preferred)
- Skills and Key Attributes: Strong Mechanical aptitude – Good working knowledge of Mechanical Power Transmission equipment including gear reducers, electric motors, controls and VFDs. (Definite Asset)
- Leadership & Communication: Strong team building skills and ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- SAP – Order Entry, Materials Modules
- Microsoft Dynamic CRM
- ProQuote software, other proprietary software as required
- AutoCAD 2D, 3D and MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of mechanical component design, power transmission calculations, failure analysis and technical reporting. (Definite Asset)
- Health & Safety Manual – Strong understanding and working knowledge.
- Capable and adequate understanding of basic electrical principles.
- Unit Nomenclature, Assembly drawing knowledge and understanding.
- ISO 9001 Manual – understanding and working knowledge.
You will get
As Applications Engineering & Customer Service Manager you will enjoy competitive salary $100K-$130K + Benefits (Life, Medical, Vision, Dental)