Salary £38k - £42k
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Preparation and interpretation of monthly management accounts.
- Supporting The organisation’s budget setting, forecast and management accounting activities.
- Finance support to Operations, Central Services and Business Development in managing their financial performance and explaining financial performance to stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly management accounts for allocated portfolio of activities including providing variance analysis with narrative explanation.
- Prepare and post accrued and deferred income and accrued expenditure and prepayments journals on a monthly basis for allocated portfolio of activities.
- Reconcile allocated accounts on a monthly basis for review by Finance Business Partner and the Head of Financial Performance.
- Prepare monthly reports to inform operations managers and Finance Business Partner on actual activity against budgeted activity and underlying cost drivers e.g. bad debt and voids.
- Support Finance Business Partner in the monthly interpretation of financial data.
- Support the Head of Financial Performance and Finance Business Partner in all appropriate aspects of management accounting.
- Review all new contracts and support the Credit Controller in completing the invoice masterfile to capture contract billing and reporting requirements.
- Support Finance Business Partner to prepare cost centre budgets through discussion with budget holders.
- Support Finance Business Partner to prepare and update cost centre forecasts through discussion with budget holders.
- Support Finance Business Partner in responding to New Business team requests to develop bids for new and existing contracts with commissioners.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for support from Financial Business partner and Head of Financial Performance.
- Develop good working relationships with operational managers and respond to any ad hoc finance requests from operational managers.
- Provide the administrative link between operating activities and Finance.
- Fully engage in regular financial management reporting meetings.
- Assist with the preparation of the year end group accounts for submission to the external auditors.
- Keep up to date with technical and regulatory changes in the accountancy profession to ensure best practice and compliance is achieved.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Housing regulations along with changes in technology and legislation along with industry advances.
- Experience of using finance software in a data processing capacity.
- Report writing, analysing data and information.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Qualified/part qualified with CCAB body.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, particularly in the use of Excel.
- Good analytical and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with professional colleagues in a busy working environment.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.