Job Title: Assistant Financial Controller
Job Type: Interim 3 months
Salary : £300 per day
We are an organisation committed to preventing homelessness and support people at every step of their recovery from homelessness.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Assist the Financial Controller with ensuring that financial policies and procedures are followed and, where appropriate, updated or improved.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the review of all Balance Sheet reconciliations and the preparation of the monthly Balance Sheet and Cash Flow reports.
- Prepare the annual subsidiary Statutory Accounts including Sibs and assist the Financial Controller with the preparation of the annual consolidated Statutory Accounts.
- Be responsible for the accurate preparation, calculation and reporting of Investments, Intercompany balances and the (non-sib) subsidiary companies.
- Draft VAT and Corporation Tax returns for review by the Financial Controller.
- Manage access rights to OA including appropriate segregation of duties and ensuring that OA and Pyramid are properly set up for VAT.
- Supervise and line manage the Cashier.
- Experience of using finance software in a data processing capacity.
- Report writing analysing data and information.
- Skills Knowledge and Accountabilities
- Qualified/part qualified accountant with CCAB body.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, particularly in the use of Excel.
- Good analytical, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work with professional colleagues in a busy working environment.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.