We are recruiting for an Assistant Financial Controller to join a highly successful automotive manufacturing company at its premises in Banbury. The main purpose of this role will be to assist the Financial Controller in preparing accurate financial statements and to support the business by preparing relevant information that will influence business decisions.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, responsibilities and duties will include:
- Adherence to SOX and maintenance of procedures and assisting in internal, external and SOX audits
- Preparation of period, quarter and annual financial packs
- Assist in the preparation of the business plan and quarterly forecasts, specific responsibility for labour and analysis of variances
- Responsible for submitting monthly group KPIs ensuring accuracy
- Liaise with department heads to improve data capture for the KPI process
- Investigate variances to business plan & forecast, review, explain and correct
- Assist in make or buy decisions
- Preparation of certain balance sheet accounts (monthly) and resolving discrepancies
- Take ownership of period end accounts process
- Review weekly cash flow forecasts
- Review weekly currency cash flow forecasts
- Control of working capital levels and cash flow to agreed targets
- Preparation of statutory accounts and tax accounts
- Understand functions and tasks of financial department in order to manage day-to-day responsibilities and staff in the Finance Controller’s absence
- To use the escalation procedure for any issues/concerns
- Implementing solutions to resolve queries
This is a busy finance department and applicants should be used to such an environment and have a proven track record in a similar .
To be considered for this position, you will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Be an ACCA/CIMA finalist or equivalent as a minimum
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure whilst being a strong team worker
- Excellent communication skills and experience of staff management
- Focused, with a good eye for detail and able to spot workflow risks and bottle necks
- Good decision making and problem-solving and analytical skills
- Self-motivated, focused, with a flexible attitude
- Able to follow formal procedures
This company will offer the Assistant Financial Controller a competitive salary and benefits.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
This may not be your perfect role today, so register your details here and we will contact you as suitable vacancies arise.
Submit your CV for this Assistant Financial Controller role