This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced children's social care leader to progress in their career, while making a significant difference to young people’s lives.
You will be enrolled onto a Management Development Programme to progress to a Registered House Manager along with support and funding to gain your NVQ5 in Leadership & Management for Children and Young People's Services.
Your primary responsibility as an Assistant Manager will be to support the House Manager in all aspects of running the home and leading a team of residential childcare practitioners. This will include creating an environment that encourages, motivates and provides opportunities for the team members to develop and improve.
You will role model best practice, therapeutic child care and maintain a nurturing, caring, consistent and fun environment for young people who have suffered trauma and have emotional, behavioural difficulties.
You will also demonstrate how you can support safeguarding practices within the home.
The young people will be at the centre of your practice and you will create robust care plans, supporting their development and ensuring their opinions are considered within that process.
Requirements for the role:
- QCF / NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young People’s Workforce or equivalent
- Worked for at least one year in a role requiring the supervision and management of staff in a residential children's home
- Full, manual driving licence
- Management Development Programme
- All of the homes run by this organisation are Ofsted rated Good or Outstanding
- Competency Framework
- Learning & Development Environment
- Staff Recognition
- A new, improved induction programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Community Engagement
- Employee Recognition
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AVAILABLE