On behalf of a top-ranking accountancy practice, we are recruiting for an Audit and Accounts Senior to join the firm’s team at its office in Newbury. This firm enjoys continued growth and has an enviable reputation. The predominant function of the role will be to provide a highly profession service to audit clients.
Ensuring compliance with GAAP and regulations, the successful candidate will also be responsible for the preparation of year-end accounts, preparation of tax returns and providing business advice to clients and working towards taking responsibility for a portfolio of clients.
Reporting to the Audit and Accounts Manager and partners, the Audit and Accounts Senior will have the following responsibilities:
- Managing audits primarily at client sites and in the office
- To supervise and assist junior team members both in house and off site
- Delegate and review work of junior team members; including audit files, draft documentation, accounts and corporation tax computations and mentoring
- Liaising with clients, dealing with queries, attending client meetings and ensuring client engagement documentation is up to date
- Drafting client invoices and chasing outstanding invoices
- Regular review of client WIP and debtor
- To assist in the preparation of proposals for new work, where necessary
- Management accounts and accounts preparation for a variety of small clients
- Preparation of all draft documents including letter of representation and minutes
- Arrange for tax computation to be prepared by the tax team, providing all requested data along with a drafted tax computation; posts tax journals and update the accounts file for the tax computation received
- To ensure necessary adjustments are made to accounts before they are finalised and that disclosure checklists are completed
- Travelling to client premises as required and to deal with clients in a professional manner either in person, telephone or by email
- Providing advice to owner managers on both business and personal matters
Skills, experience, qualification and attributes required:
- Qualified ACA or ACCA accountant with significant experience gained within practice
- Demonstrable experience of completing audit and accounts work for a variety of businesses
- Possess a high level of technical knowledge combined with excellent commercial awareness
- Ability to communicate with different people with equal efficacy
- Competent in MS Office and proficient in the use of audit software
- Able to identify commercial and professional risks and ensure effective management
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve work deadlines
- Project a professional manner and appearance at all times
- Track record of successfully managing, motivating and leading junior staff on assignments
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Driver with access to a car
This prestigious firm will offer the Audit and Accounts Senior a competitive salary with excellent benefits, a supportive working environment and the opportunity to work for a firm of accountants that is enjoying a phase of continued growth.
Submit your CV for this Audit and Accounts Senior role
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.