We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic full time Junior Sous Chef for an enchanting Hotel in the heart of Cheshire.
Due to the location of the hotel, a car and full driving license will be essential.
Reporting to the Sous Chef/ Head Chef, the key responsibilities of a Junior Sous Chef, will include:
- To assist the Head Chef in the smooth operation of all areas of the kitchen department, including conference and banqueting, brasserie and fine dining restaurant.
- Lead by example by means of a hands-on approach.
- Take charge of the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef and Sous Chef.
- Plan and allocate tasks to team members, to ensure staff are fully utilised and all sections are set to the required kitchen standard.
- Carry out and record stock checks.
- Oversee kitchen porters ensuring hygiene practises are adhered to.
- To understand and observe all Health & Safety regulations, COSHH HACCP, Food Safety and Safety at work act while on company premises.
- To communicate and liaise with all departments on a daily basis as and when required.
The successful Junior Sous will have the following skills and experiences:
- You will have good experience working in a busy 2/3 rosette environment.
- You will be someone that enjoys being in the kitchen demonstrating excellent cooking skills across all sections, befitting of a 3 rosette.
- Experience of good management and leadership skills.
- A positive and proactive person who can communicate effectively and show organisation.
- Intermediate food hygiene certificate.
- A can-do attitude.
In return you will receive a salary of £26,000 - £28,000 per annum, plus 28 days holiday a year which will increase with length of service, employee of the month bonus, discounts on hotel stays, dining, activities and spa treatments within the group. Full uniform and free staff meals on shift.
Seneca Bridge Resource Partners is working in Partnership with Taste Cheshire to support its memberships recruitment across the county.
Taste Cheshire’s Job is to connect those who sell the real “Taste of Cheshire”, our members, with those who want real food made by real people, featuring the best independently run restaurants in Chester and Cheshire, superb local pubs and restaurants that offer home cooked food and drink sourced from local suppliers.