A fantastic opportunity to further your career with a leading building services controls provider.
The successful candidate will join a Project Team to deliver control system projects to client’s full satisfaction, within budget and on time. The Project Manager will be responsible for a large number of small control system projects, or a small number of large projects, or a mix of both. The Project Manager is responsible for resourcing efficiently, first using in-house resource or alternatively sub-contracted labour as necessary and agreed by the Project Team Manager.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Marines) will be relevant for this position, although all qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Contracting and Project Management
• Liaise with Project Team Manager (and Contracts Manager where necessary) to fully understand all contractual implications of any control system project given to you, and thereafter to take full ongoing contractual responsibility.
• Assess the technical information requirements for the project and plan all steps of the contract works to include, RFIs, Tech Subs, Progress Reports, Commissioning Reports and the like.
• Negotiate (re-negotiate if required), all sub-contract orders and special purchases for maximum profitability. Then supervise, instruct and co-ordinate with the Buying Department the proper execution of all such sub-contract works and special equipment purchases.
• Properly conduct all commercial aspects of the contract. To include programming and progress, meeting valuation dates and keeping financially aware at all times - up to and including final account agreement and the release of retentions.
Design and Technical
• Fully understand the design requirements of each control system project, seek information if required and implement the control system design. To include for example : Control Panel Drawings, Control Valve Selection Schedules, Des of Ops, DDC Strategy and/or Graphics Details.
• Fully understand the company’s technical standards for all aspects of control system design and implement accordingly.
• Ensure proper up-to-date and detailed technical records are kept and produce Project O&M Manualss
• Carry out system commissioning to include field wiring checks and motor rotations, control panel adjustments such as fuse rating checks and overload settings, and carry out full control circuit functional tests and controller performance (including confirmation of correct DDC).
• Attend necessary co-ordination meetings to ensure commissioning will take place to program.
• Record and report/instruct any outstanding work that may delay the commissioning.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
• Demonstrable experience of Project Managing in the BMS sector.
• Experience of Trend /BACnet systems.
• Full UK Driving licence
• Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills and the ability work with users of all levels
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.