On behalf of our client, a boutique accountancy practice in Crowthorne, we are recruiting for a full or part time Bookkeeper with Payroll to join the firm’s friendly team. If part time, it would need to be a minimum of 25 hours per week.
As Bookkeeper with Payroll, your responsibilities will include:
- Bookkeeping for multiple companies including, sales ledger, purchase ledger, bank reconciliations, expenses, company credit cards, petty cash and intercompany
- Double entry bookkeeping and accounts to trial balance
- Payroll for weekly, monthly and annual director payrolls
- Providing additional services to clients who have outsourced their accounting function
- Assisting with management accounts including prepayments, accruals, depreciation and all balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Providing ad-hoc assistance directly to clients in relation to their bookkeeping and VAT matters
This practice is looking for individuals with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Previous bookkeeping experience gained within practice
- Full understanding of double entry bookkeeping and preferably management accounting
- Good understanding of VAT rules and procedures
- Good experience of using Sage, Xero, QuickBooks and MS Office; Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise work
- Foresee potential problems and act accordingly to ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and presentational skills to ensure that all information sent to clients is accurate and well presented
Within this role, the Bookkeeper with Payroll will receive a competitive salary, depending upon experience, and benefit from working in a friendly and supportive environment within an expanding accountancy practice.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Bookkeeper with Payroll vacancy