An established private sector building control body is looking for a Building Control Surveyor to join the business operating across Sheffield and Derbyshire. The right candidate will be rewarded with a salary of up to £50,000, along with car allowance and a competitive bonus scheme.
Responsibilities of the Building Control Surveyor:
- Maintain a portfolio of projects for a client base
- Vet all new commissions/plans, and carry out all relevant inspections on site to ensure compliance with Building Regulations and associated statutory legislation
- Consult with the Fire Authorities and other statutory bodies as necessary
- Provide technical advice and guidance to clients, i.e. architects, builders, etc
- Ensure records and filing are maintained to ensure the company's Quality Procedures, service levels and contractual requirements are being met
- To comply with those functions outlined in the Quality Manual for Approved Inspector Services and site inspection, i.e. Initial and Final Notices, etc
- To ensure that when entering site all Health & Safety regulations are strictly complied with and that all protective/safety equipment is fully utilised
- Holds full membership of RICS, ABE or equivalent (or qualified by suitable experience) ensuring CPD requirements are met thereafter to broaden and develop skills
- CSCS Card
- Proven track record of plan vetting and site inspection
- Knowledge of marketing and customer care
- Understanding of quality control systems
- Proven knowledge and application of relevant legislation and Approved Documents\codes\Standards
- A results oriented surveyor who is able to delegate and promote decision making
- Desirable for surveyor to have knowledge of Benchmarking of performance within the Building Control Industry
- Competitive salary up to £50,000 dependent on experience
- £350 per month car allowance
- 25 days holiday
- Bonus scheme subject to individual and company performance
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.