Business Development Manager - VR/19920
The Company & Role:
Our client is a well-established global logistics company based in Manchester. They are looking for an experienced and highly driven business development manager to join their team. The purpose of the role is to develop the international freight forwarding customer base delivering regular new business from a strong pipeline with strong GP.
£30,000 - £50,000 per year + commission
- Assessing customer requirements, managing the relationship, customer visits and preparing/delivering presentations appropriately to customers in order to close business.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails; ensuring that service to existing customer base in maintained, that there is a thorough understanding of the business and be proactive in generating additional sales through them.
- Identification of potential new companys and providing initial research data to the VP Sales for agreement on target customer base.
- Drafting of presentation, documents, correspondence and other items of literature such as mail shots, publicity items and brochures.
- Conduct desk research on relevant and potential customers, driving initial contact with them in order to arrange meetings and discuss new business prospects.
- Responsible for maintaining and building up key contact opportunity pipeline/database.
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries.
- To act as a contact as necessary between the company and its existing and potential markets.
- Negotiating of new contracts the terms of an agreement and closing sales.
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and a full job spec will be provided for suitable candidates.
- At least 2 years operational experience in freight forwarding role or 1 years successful experience in a demonstrably similar sales role in Logistics in ideally both Air and Ocean freight.
- Minimum of 5 GCSES at C or above which must include Maths and English, some level of further education in a job related discipline would also be desirable.
- Customer and commercially focussed to deliver great service for appropriate reward.
- Tenacious and able to deal with rejection and move on.
- Creative when finding and converting opportunities.
- Careful to ensure that all the relevant detail is complete and accurate.
- Timely to progress, deliver and close all deliverables in an efficient manner.
- Co-operative to fully support operational and customer service colleagues.
- Trustworthy to work hard while out of sight and provide true activity and progress reports.
- Aware of the corporate nature and implications of all our dealings.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Windows office packages, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Email and Adobe Reader.
- Must hold a full clear UK driving licence.
You will receive a salary between £30,000 and £50,000 per year depending on experience, car allowance and commission scheme. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance and group pension.
If you're interested in the role, click apply now to send over an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org