Care Support Worker
Fantastic opportunity for a Care Support Worker to work in a beautiful independent living service in North West London. The role involves a variety of shifts between 7am and 10pm , including some weekends and evenings. The service consists or a range of beautifully furnished flats..
As Care Support Worker you will be responsible for the delivery of a compassionate , person-centred care that meets safeguarding requirements. You will build relationships with tenants and their families and carers and encourage them to take part in community, social and recreational activities. You will be part of a joined up team of housing and care and alongside your colleagues ensure the delivery of a range of stimulating recreational and social activities . These will be on and offsite.There will also sometimes be the need to administer personal care .
As Care Support Worker you will receive a salary of £19,400 if you have QCF Level 2 /3 or £17, 850 if you are working towards this. We provide a full induction and opportunities to do this.
Our ideal Care Support Worker needs a positive , compassionate approach with previous experience ( at least a year) of working with elderly people in residential, nursing or supported living settings . An understanding of mental health and experience of physical disabilities is also helpful. You need to be flexible and work well independently as well as in a team
You will support care and support assistants to :
• Check tenants well-being on a regular basis, as directed according to their needs as detailed in their Care, support and Risk Plans.
• Respond to emergencies.
• Contacting emergency services.
• Dealing with breakdown of services, e.g. power cuts, responding appropriately to death etc
• Providing background support
• implementing and monitoring care & support plans to meet diversity needs
• ensuring updates are reported for support plans to be reviewed as required.
• Support colleagues to deliver the package of care & support: providing personal care, emotional and practical support to tenants and recognising when there are changes in a person’s needs and report to a senior member of staff.
This will include:
• Attending some appointments
• Delivering personal care
• Assisting with cooking, cleaning etc.
• Advocating on behalf of service users
• Signposting people to Welfare benefits advice.
• Contributing to building community spirit within the resource through participating, encouraging, enabling and facilitating social events
• Assisting with the preparation and provision of hot meals
• Ensure you work safely within health & safety standards
• Assisting tenants to report maintenance and repairs needs to the housing team.
• Keeping a record of all financial transactions carried out on behalf of the tenant.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• Desirable but not essential
• NVQ level 2/3 in Health and social Care.
• Previous Experience within a Care or Health setting.
• Other relevant transferable skills and experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships
• Excellent tenant service skills
To apply please in the first instance send your CV.
The successful candidate will need to undergo full safeguarding checks.
Oakley Professional Recruitment are an agency recruiting on behalf of their clients. The successful candidate will undergo full safeguarding checks.