This is a position that can offer a Senior Procurement professional or Category Manager the opportunity to join a business within the Building Product industry that provide unparalleled training, development and progression opportunities. The environment and culture are tailored towards enabling individuals to truly excel and develop.
You have the opportunity to apply for a Category Manager position for one of the most well-known and prestigious names within the Building Product industry. They have a real proven track record of spotting both strengths and weaknesses within their employees and being able to utilise those strong attributes whilst building upon your weaker points.
- Developing appropriate sourcing strategies based on detailed knowledge of the market gained through comprehensive internal and external data collection and evaluation.
- Presenting and recommending appropriate sourcing strategies, benefits and implementation plans to key stakeholders including running on-line tendering exercises
- Developing and working with cross functional groups to enhance sourcing strategy
- Accurate measurement and reporting of benefits achieved
- Negotiations with and management of suppliers in specified categories including the resolution of issues that may arise
- Contract compliance reporting and monitoring in conjunction with end users and suppliers
- Collaboration with other group companies to assist them in securing cost savings through group wide strategic sourcing initiatives
- Liaising with operating sites to encourage good purchasing practice and promote value added opportunities such as consignment stocking and EOQ
- Maintain, update and distribute Purchasing Advice documents and deal summaries
- You will be IT literate with the ability to use Microsoft office packages competently, specifically Excel
- You will have experience of working within the Building Products industry and experience of purchasing raw materials as well as Service.
- You will ideally be level 6 CIPS qualified
- You will have a driving licence and be happy to travel
What is offered to you in return?
This Category Manager role may sound great but no doubt you are asking, 'what's in it for me?' To answer that question in short, they have some great development and progression opportunities and schemes within the business, allowing you to further your career as you please.
With regards to the package and salary, you expect a pension scheme, a company vehicle, supportive employer, which is in turn accompanied by a generous basic salary.