Salary - £18k - £22k (depending on experience) plus tips
Fresh Element are the group behind the award winning restaurant SIX, situated on the top floor of BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art. Along with spectacular views of the Newcastle Gateshead Quayside, SIX offers a fantastic modern British menu served with flair and charm in a unique setting.
We also specialise in providing catering for weddings, conferences and other functions and run a cafe, BALTIC Kitchen. Our focus is on locally sourced, sustainable produce served in relaxed
We are looking to recruit experienced Chefs to add depth to our kitchen team. The role requires the successful candidate to have an exceptional work ethic and strong communication skills.
Experience in fast moving kitchens is a must for any successful candidate.
Candidates for the role are required to have previous professional experience within a quality environment and must have a genuine passion to progress in the industry. They must also be
willing to work across all of our departments when required.
What We Are Looking For
Successful individuals will be able to demonstrate the following:
* Professional experience working in a quality establishment.
* A steady and stable career in catering.
* High volume experience is desired from all candidates.
* Excellent organisation and communication skills.
* A passion for food and its presentation, service, and quality.
* Career minded individuals wishing to excel and develop.
* Strong background in Health & Safety and Food Safety procedures.
* Experience of working in busy environments.
* Be flexible to shift patterns.
What you get from us
* Staff keep 100% of Tips (paid through TRONC system)
* 28 days holiday plus extra days for years worked
* Access to Hospitality Action Helpline
* Birthday vouchers
* Extra holiday days for fundraising events
* Food on shift
* Flexible working
* The chance to be at the forefront of the sustainability movement
* The chance to work in a creative and rewarding environment
* Generous discounts at all Fresh Element venues
* Support in training and professional development
To apply, please click 'Apply' to forward a copy of your CV (in word or PDF format).