The Company and the Role:
This fantastic Gastro Pub located just outside Guildford has recently been purchased privately and just had a major renovation of the pub itself with further plans to extend the garden area as well as the kitchen. The Kitchen is headed by a very experienced award wining Head Chef and their focus is to produce suburb fresh British pub cuisine with a little twist.
Their experienced Head Chef brings a new style of classic British cuisine to this restaurant, together with a superb front of house team they ensure that every customer enjoys a relaxing, memorable experience.
This is very much a building process and if you would like that opportunity to be part of an exciting team they require a Chef de Partie on a full-time basis.
Key Features of the Role:
• As a Chef de Partie you are a vital part of the brigade system. Each Chef de Partie is responsible for running a specific section of the kitchen when it comes to service time but also will have to have a broader knowledge of every section.
• You will be a great team player with good organisational skills and the ability to thrive in a very busy environment, to an award-winning pub standard, enhancing the company’s reputation for consistently preparing cooking and presenting dishes to the right quality that is second to none.
• Managing and training any Demi-Chef de Parties or Commis Chefs working with you making sure that they are competent, confident and organised to produce food to a rosette standard.
• Ensuring you and the team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety.
Knowledge and Skills:
• You will be an accomplished Chef de Partie, ideally with experience of working in a fresh food kitchen at a similar level, or a Demi Chef de Partie looking to move up to the next level.
• Your practical Chef de Partie experience should ideally be supported by some form of catering qualification.
• Previous experience in a similar role requiring a broad food knowledge and precise attention to detail is essential especially when working within rosettes.
• You must have experience and a desire to work with fresh and quality ingredients and possess ambition to continually improve yourself the business.
• You will need to have your own form of reliable transport due to their location.
What’s on Offer?
• A fantastic salary starting at £18,000 up to £20,000 per annum dependent on experience.
• Tips issued, roughly an extra £2000 - £3000 per annum.
• Set days off a week as the Pub is closed every Sunday evening, Monday and Tuesdays
• Working under a very talented Head Chef who creates a fun, happy, family atmosphere.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Chef de Partie.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you. Should you not wish for your details to remain on our database then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org putting the words “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommelliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.
|Location||Guildford||Job Type||Full Time - Permanent|
|Salary||£18k - 20k per year + Tips+Benefits||Sector||Catering, Hospitality|
The Company and the Role: