Do your customers’ needs come first? Do you have a genuine interest in food coupled with a sound business mind? If your answer is yes then this is the role for you!
With our client, a successful career starts with a shot of passion, a dollop of creativity and a generous helping of positivity. They offer great career opportunities, working across many exciting sectors. As a Chef Manager food to you is not just a simple life need, food is all about who you are. If your focus and desire is to work with the freshest and best ingredients and the closer you are to your kitchen, the better.
Managing a dedicated team of staff to provide breakfast, lunch, evening meal and vending services this is a temporary full-time role working Monday – Friday with no split shifts that could become permanent for the right person based near Llanberis, Gwynedd in the shadow of Snowdon.
As the Chef Manager your duties will include:
- Ensuring that your site achieves the financial targets agreed in line with budgets.
- Monitoring the work of all the staff and carry out appraisals, recognising training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Holding team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information.
- Ensuring that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and that their food service and value expectations are consistently exceeded.
- Conducting Food Safety and Health and Safety Risk Assessments and ensure that all standards and procedures in respect of Hygiene and Safety are established and maintained.
As the Chef Manager you understand that being a great chef is not just about cooking but the ability to work with a team, manage costs, negotiate and build relationship with suppliers as well as being compliant, from both a Food Hygiene and Food safety perspective. We want to see your CV if you have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar contract catering / chef management role.
- Strong supervisory experience and financially and commercially astute.
- Current food hygiene certificate
- The ability to demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving and have the ability to display a real passion for food and customer service.
In return you will receive a competitive salary of £28,000 per annum equivalent to £13.46 per hour, plus benefits, great career opportunities and training if taken on permanently.
If this sounds like just the challenge you have been looking for please apply today!
Supertemps Limited is acting on behalf of our client as an employment business