Our client based in the Sunderland area are looking to recruit experienced, reliable and dedicated Child and Family Workers on a temporary basis until April 2019.
The Child and Family Worker role will involve working alongside the social work team to support the children and families in Sunderland to achieve positive outcomes. The role will also involve facilitating supervised contact sessions on behalf of the company.
You will have experience of working with children in need and their families, working in a team, have good communication skills and customer service. You must be able to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills, report writing and recording skills. You must be comfortable working at pace within a busy team environment, manage work demands, be self-motivated and committed to excellent work practice.
- To contribute to the delivery of Child in Need and Child Protection Plans and Looked After Children Plans as directed by the supervision social worker
- To transport children as required, which may include travelling outside of the City of Sunderland.
- To ensure case recording is accurate and up to date, in order that high quality reports are produced for meetings and reviews at a standard that can be produced at court if required.
- To establish effective working relationships with children, families and professionals to achieve best outcomes for children.
- To be proactive and solution focused to ensure that social work intervention takes place.
- To plan and organise workload, ensuring the plans for direct work with children and families are in place so as to make best use of available resources, identifying gaps and working flexibly to find solutions.
- To work proactively with children and families, having the ability to engage with children and adults to reduce risk and improve outcomes for individual children and for families.
- To understand the impact of domestic abuse on children and young people and have the ability to work
Experience of working previously in a Social Care environment would be an advantage.
Candidates must have enhanced DBS clearance issued within one year and a minimum of two references covering two years of employment with all gaps verified.
Angel Human Resources is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.