Children’s support worker;
Kerry Collins recruitment are currently looking for a children’s support worker, to support a range of young children throughout Derbyshire who have been domestically abused, the daily duties will include;
· Working closely with the Derbyshire Domestic Abuse services to meet the practical emotional needs of the children and young people and families coming from a background of physical, emotional and sexual abuse.
· To assess referrals to service, in conjunctions with internal workers and or external agencies/organizations
· To support children and young people in a one to one basis of group work as appropriate both within the community and within a refuge setting.
· To work in partnership with the parent unless there is an identified reason
· To ensure safeguarding concerns remain the paramount consideration in all referrals
Our client is looking for candidates to join there busy on growing team to support both children and young adults throughout the Derbyshire area who have experienced or experiencing domestic violence.
You will be doing the following;
· Liaising with children and young people and other workers to ensure that appropriate support is provided to address the identified needs of the children, and that any special needs are addressed whilst adhering to the safeguarding children and confidentiality policy and procedures
· To provide children and young people with opportunities to express their fears and feelings about their experiences
· To work with service users to help them develop their own solutions to their issues
To be considered for our Children’s support working role you must have the following experience;
· Must have at least 6 months working experience within a similar role
· Be able to work weekends/evenings
· Must be able to promote a positive guidance
· Willing to travel.
If you are either interested within this role or would like more information, then please do not hesitate to contact me on the following;