Children’s Support worker,
Kerry Collins Recruitment are currently recruiting for support workers within the Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Dudley area supporting young children who are currently experiencing emotional behaviour disorders and mental health issues.
Your day to day duties will include the following;
- Creating activities for the service users to keep their mind and bodies active
- Ensuring that all service users are always safeguarded
- Promoting a bright positive guidance
- Taking service users out into the community for school drops, medical and social appointments
- Knowing how to restrain service users correctly in case of incidents occurring
To be considered for our Children support worker position, you must have the following experience and qualifications;
- Must have had experience within EBD with young children
- Must have restrain training (MAPPA, NAPPI, NFPC)
- Performing personal care with service users who have learning disabilities correctly
- Bonding with service users and their families
- Ensuring the safety of yourself and service users
- Must have at least an NVQ Level 3
This position will include all aspects of challenging behaviour due to the service users experiencing EBD, you will be expected to know how to manage situations and emergencies within the correct manor.
Driving license is required due to taking the young ones to school, medical and social events.
W/N shifts vary.
We currently have both permanent and temporary contracts available.
If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact us on;