A highly regarded Classic Car retailer with an international reputation for car restoration are looking for a talented Classic Vehicle Technician / Heritage Mechanic to join their team of mechanics in Bridgnorth, offering the right candidate a salary in the region of £30,000 per annum (negotiable upon experience).
This position is ideal for Classic car enthusiasts with an eye for detail, who take pride in their work and have exceptional talent in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair. In return for your hard work you will receive the security of a permanent position within an established and successful company, a competitive salary, a fantastic pension scheme, bonus schemes, flexible working, 28 days holiday AND overtime paid at uplifted rates of pay.
The role will be varied and challenging requiring a broad range of mechanical, electrical, diagnostic and repair skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF A CLASSIC VEHICLE TECHNICIAN:
- Carry out servicing, maintenance, and testing of classic vehicles
- Ramp appraisals and pre-MOT/servicing checks
- Carrying out whole vehicle mechanical maintenance and rectification
- Carrying out electrical fault diagnostics and rectification
- Repair or replacement of major and minor units
- Carrying out vehicle fault diagnostics
- Able to demonstrate a track record of consistently high productivity
- Must be confident in their electrical ability
- Jaguar and Aston Martin experience desirable but not essential
- Classic or race preparation experience would be an advantage
THE IDEAL CLASSIC VEHICLE TECHNICIAN:
- City and Guilds or NVQ in a relative automotive discipline is desirable
- Flexible attitude towards working hours
- Must be able to work unsupervised, as well as part of a team and plan work to meet deadlines
- Candidates must hold a full UK driving licence and must have their own transport
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
40 hours per week, however, start time and finish times are flexible between the following hours:
Monday to Friday 7.30am-5.30pm
A flexible attitude in working hours is essential as overtime may be required and paid at time and a half once 40 hours has been completed Monday-Friday.