CMM Operator- Saturday 0600-1600 £15 an hour Sunday 0600- 1600 £20 an hour -permanent role on permanent weekends in Walsall
Job Title: Inspector / CMM Operator
Reports to (position title of supervisor): Quality Manager:
Objective of the Position
As the quality representative during the shift the inspector / CMM operator ensures that all product conforms to customer requirements and specifications and is the person responsible for production quality throughout their shift.
To ensure product conformity in accordance with the control plan and the right application of the quality principles.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks.
- Quality representative during the shift for production part quality
- Carry's out First-Offs In-Process and Final Inspection checks according to the control plan and gauge instructions.
- Perform inspection using various measurement devices, e.g.: CMM, Micrometers, Screw Thread Gauges, Contour and Surface Finish, Shadow Graph etc.
- Familiar with using and programming of relevant checking equipment, CMM, surface finish / profile checking.
- Provides detailed feedback to operators of out of specification dimensions.
- Ensures that process capabilities are monitored and maintained within the measurement techniques
- Ensures non-conforming or suspect products are removed from the process and clearly identified.
- Ensures clear instructions are made to the operators for Cell approval or non-approval for manufacture.
- Understanding of customer requirements and Key Characteristics.
- Involved with the development and control of inspection plans.
- Supports all Quality Assurance systems to ensure compliance as required by the customer, company and external bodies.
- Able to resolve measurement machine breakdown / repairs.
- Responsible for ensuring all stock of quality consumables (probes, styli, labels etc.) are maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining the calibration schedule and ensuring all measurement equipment within the machining facility is within calibration.
- Responsible for arranging the calibration of measurement equipment before overdue status.
- Performs regular audits to ensure respect of the standardized work by the operators as well as product audits.
- Responsible for ensuring measuring equipment meets requirements (Calibration & MSA).
- Archives all quality records in accordance with the control plan.
- Supports the production team for any quality issues that require assistance.
- Has the responsibility and authority to stop nonconforming products shipments and/or production.
- Ensures the respect of the IATF 16949 requirements within the production.
Professional Background / Basic Qualification / Work Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in the automotive manufacturing industry in which five years in Quality function
- Manufacturing practices background (High volume precision Machining and gauging techniques).
- Read and interpret engineering drawings.
- IATF16949 or ISO/TS 16949
- CORE TOOLS (FMEA, 8D, APQP, SPC, PPAP)
- Able to work in a team environment