Our Client are a leading global engineering manufacturer of specialist medium to heavy engineering component across various industry sector. Due to organic growth an opportunity has arisen within our client's state of the art manufacturing facility for a Skilled CNC Miller to join their team. Our client is offering an extremely attractive package including a salary comprising of an hourly rate of £13. Other benefits include a 5% company pension scheme (rising to 7%), 30 days holiday, 6 monthly performance and salary reviews, employee's assistance programme and Product training which may require on both day and night shift in the short term.
The successful candidate will be responsible for setting, operating and programming a variety of CNC Millers / Machining Centres machines in the production of components to specification. Successful candidate will be competent in their designated area; and will be required to work towards tight timescale for mass production of components and parts.
You will be a competent CNC Machinist and will possess the ability to read drawings, have an understanding of imperial and metric measurements and be confident in inspecting your own work. The role will include drilling. The successful candidate will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Ability to program set and operates one or more CNC machines; ideally Mazak; Fanuc Doosan or Puma.
- Ensure that the machining process is set up and run at safe and optimum levels for productivity and high quality.
- Ability to carry out offsets and make basic changes to machining process.
- Ability to produce a set volume of work efficiently in a specified period of time.
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate judgment and decision-making skills when necessary.
- Ensure quality of work is accurate, thorough and neat.
- Be organised and tidy at all time at your own work area.
- Demonstrate initiative, adaptability and willingness to learn.
Skills and abilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of using CNC programming and operating.
- Fully conversant with all inspection methods including CMM.
- Conduct 5S; be organised and maintain tidy work station and area all the time.
- Fully conversant with Lean Principles including 5S.
- To be successful in this role, you must ideally
- Be apprentice trained or time served.
- Be able to quality check your own work.
- Ability to read in imperial and metric and use micrometres
- Mazak/Fanuc programming systems are essential.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working on Machining centres or Milling
- Experience of Fanuc or Mazak control systems required.
- Combined education and on-the-job training within an engineering background
- Time served or qualified to city and guilds or NVQ Mechanical Fitter
You can expect excellent rates of pay £26,364.00 + overtime, 30 days holiday, company pension and free parking coupled with working in a modern working environment with parking and canteen facilities with secured permanent employment.
This is a permanent day shift position working 39 hours per week.
This position is being advertised on behalf of E3 Recruitment who operate as an employment business.
If you are an experienced CNC Miller and your skills match this position, please contact E3 Recruitment on 01484 645269 or forward your CV to Callum Good at E3 Recruitment via email - or "apply on line" now
E3 Recruitment Specialising in Engineering Technical based recruitment offering over 60 years' experience
E3 Recruitments specialist industry sectors:
Manufacturing Oil & Gas
Civils & Utilities
Chemical & Pharmaceuticals