A CNC Milling Programmer Setter is required, for a huge engineering company based in Leicester. Responsible for Programming and setting of various 3 & 4 axis CNC machining centres, to machine small batch parts for Aerospace and Motorsport Industries. Permanent role working days Monday to Thurs 39hrs p/w, paying up to £30,420 p/a plus overtime, and a solid benefits package.
The company are an established and world renowned leader in the design, development and manufacture of precision high quality parts for the Motorsport, Aerospace, Nuclear and Optical industries. As part of their continuing expansion program they have an opportunity to work within their prestigious engineering facility in Leicester. Working alongside a team of highly skilled machinists, you'll be given full autonomy over delivering finished articles from a customer drawing or specification.
Role and responsibilities
- Responsible for programming and setting of 3 & 4 axis machining centres
- Online programming from CAD drawings using FANUC & HAAS controls
- Machining of jigs and fixtures for new parts introduced
- Manage the programming of updates and new components
- Full machine setup, clocking up, datum setting and machine feed / speeds
- Machining high quality parts for the Aerospace, Motorsport and Nuclear industries
- Apply a continuous improvement approach
- Carry out in-process inspection using measuring equipment
Skill set required
- Experienced in programming and setting up to 4 axis machining centres
- Competence and familiarity of programming with Fanuc controls, using G & M Codes
- Capable of manufacturing highly detailed components.
- Sound understanding of materials and modern cutting methods
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to positively interact with design and build departments to overcome engineering challenges.
This is an genuine opportunity for a professional person who is highly motivated and can adopt a flexible approach to problem solving within a team environment. With an extremely low staff turnover, this business pride themselves on nurturing engineers from within, whilst building strong team work ethics so that each engineer supports the next one.
Working hours are 7:30am - 4:30pm Monday to Thursday, with a 12:30pm finish on Friday
Package on offer
Basic hourly rate of up to £15 p/h for the right person
Overtime paid at Time & 1/3 for the first 4 hours, Time & 1/2 Thereafter and weekends
Company workplace pension
33 days holiday including bank holidays
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.