A CNC Milling Machinist is required for a well established engineering company based in the Coventry area. Permanent role working days initially 6am - 4pm Mon to Wed, 6am - 3:30pm on Thurs. The role will then move to nights after 3 months training. Rate of pay is up to £13 p/h, plus shift allowance on nights, uncapped overtime and a generous benefits package
The business are a specialist design, manufacturer and supplier of a wide range of high quality tools and associated equipment used on CNC machinery, distributing all over the UK and overseas. The products are manufactured under a "World Class" quality system accredited to ISO9001, ensuring the highest possible standards are maintained. They're also part of a group of companies that are well established in the East Midlands area.
Responsibilities for the CNC Milling Machinist include -
- Running of 5 axis Hurco Machining Centres with Winmax controls
- Calling up programmes, editing and modifying then programme prove out
- Full machine setup including tooling, jigs, fixtures, material, datums
- Running a first off and inspecting using measuring equipment, before final pass off from QC dept
- Working from customer drawings, CAD designs and job route cards
- Machining one off and small batch components from high value materials including inconel, stainless and aluminium
- Running multiple machines within the cell area, as part of a 7 man team of programmers & setters
- Adhering to all health and safety procedures and general upkeep / maintenance of the machinery daily
The Suitable Candidate
The ideal CNC Milling Machinist will have the following demonstrable skills -
- Experience with editing programmes and setting 5 axis machining centres
- Be able to edit and modify programmes using Winmax controls
- Confident with high frequency machine setups for 1 off and small batch component manufacture
- Understand and interpret 2D & 3D drawings
- Flexibility towards working nights and overtime when required
Working hours are 6am - 4pm Monday to Wednesday, with a 3:30pm finish on Thursday.
Once fully trained up and completed a successful 3 month probation, the hours will then move to nights
7:30pm - 6am Monday to Thursday.
Package on offer
Basic hourly rate of £13 p/h + shift allowance on nights
Overtime paid at Time & 1/2 for weekday and Saturday
28 days holiday including bank holidays
Workplace pension scheme
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.