A CNC Lathe Programmer Setter is required, for a huge engineering company based in Leicester. Responsible for Programming and setting of various CNC Turning Lathes offline and online, to machine bespoke and small batch parts. Permanent role working days Monday to Thurs 39hrs p/w, paying up to £34,476 p/a plus overtime, 30 days holiday and a solid benefits package.
The company are an established and world renowned leader in the design, development and manufacture of precision high quality parts for the Motorsport, Marine, Defence and aerospace industries. As part of their continuing expansion program they have an opportunity to work within their prestigious engineering facility in Leicester. Working alongside a team of highly skilled machinists, you'll be given full autonomy over delivering finished articles from a customer drawing or specification.
Role and responsibilities
- Responsible for programming and setting of 2 & 3 axis Turning Lathes
- Online programming from CAD drawings using FANUC controls
- Offline Programming using Edgecam software
- Setting up tooling and fixturing, prove out and execute part programs
- Manage the programming of updates and new components.
- Support design and production engineering on the deployment of methodologies
- Producing low volume precision parts, including bespoke / prototype parts when required
- Apply a continuous improvement approach
- Carry out in-process inspection using measuring equipment
Skill set required
- Experienced in programming and setting CNC Turning Lathes
- Competence and familiarity of programming with Fanuc controls, using G & M Codes
- Capable of manufacturing highly detailed components.
- Sound understanding of materials and modern cutting methods.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- High levels of motivation and a flexible approach in terms of working hours and overtime
- Ability to positively interact with design and build departments to overcome engineering challenges.
This is an genuine opportunity for a professional person who is highly motivated and can adopt a flexible approach to problem solving within a team environment. With an extremely low staff turnover, this business pride themselves on nurturing engineers from within, whilst building strong team work ethics so that each engineer supports the next one.
Working hours are 7am - 5:15pm Monday to Thursday, 39hrs per week
Package on offer
Basic hourly rate of up to £17 p/h for the right person
Overtime paid at Time & 1/3 for Weekday, Time & 1/2 Saturday
Company workplace pension
30 days Holiday including bank holidays
For the right individual the company are prepared to looking at Edgecam training if someone is lacking with offline programming, but is keen to develop their skills within CAD Programming.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.