Are you a skilled CNC Programmer looking to break into the motorsport sector? Want to work in a modern facility with state of the art equipment, plenty of overtime and an environment that encourages training and development? Then we want to hear from you!
The company are a medium sized operation that specialize in the manufacture of precision high quality parts for the formula 1, classic cars, oil & gas, and defence industries. As part of their continuing expansion they have an opportunity to work within their prestigious engineering facility in Leicester. Working alongside a team of highly skilled CNC machinists, you'll be given full autonomy over delivering finished articles from a customer drawing or specification.
Benefits include Hourly rate of up to £16 p/h, overtime paid at Time & 1/3 for Weekday, Time & 1/2 Weekends, 6 weeks holiday including bank holidays, and a solid company workplace pension
Role and responsibilities
- Responsible for Running of various 2 axis Turning Lathes, some with C axis capability for live tooling
- Online programming using FANUC controls
- Setting up tooling, machine speeds and feeds as required
- Manage the programming of updates and new components
- Occasional use of CAM software for offline programming of more complex components
- First off part inspection using measuring equipment, before issuing to QC for final pass off
- Producing one off to medium volume precision parts, including bespoke / prototype parts when required
- Apply a continuous improvement approach to all programming requirements
We would love to hear from you if you've had experience in the following -
- previously worked as a CNC Lathe Programmer, CNC Turner, or Turning Lathe machinist
- Be able to write using FANUC G & M Code language
- Confident with high-frequency setups for 1 off component manufacture
- Understand and interpret 2D & 3D drawings
- Flexibility towards overtime when required
This is a genuine opportunity for a professional person who is highly motivated and can adopt a flexible approach to problem solving within a team environment. With extremely low staff turnover, this business pride themselves on nurturing engineers from within, whilst building strong team work ethics so that each engineer supports the next one.
Working hours are 7:30am - 515pm Monday to Thursday, 39hrs per week.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.