Are you a skilled Lathe Machinist looking to take a step up in your career? Want to work in a modern facility with state of the art equipment, plenty of overtime and an environment that encourages training and development? Then we want to hear from you!
The company have been trading for over 80 years, and are part of a more expansive group of companies throughout the East Midlands area. Specializing in the manufacture of cast iron products for various industries including Automotive. They're accredited to ISO9001 & TS16949, ensuring the highest possible standards are maintained. They have a huge facility with modern CNC machinery, automated equipment and an inspection department. This company retains the reputation of market leader in this industry by attention to detail and business excellence.
Working hours are 8am - 4:45pm Mon to Thurs, with a 12pm finish on Friday
Benefits include an hourly rate of up to £14.50 p/h for the right person, Overtime paid at Time & 1/2 for weekday and Saturday, 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, Company pension scheme, and various other benefits
Responsibilities for the CNC Team Leader include -
- Overseeing a team of setter / operators within the turning section, providing advice and support, as well as ensuring orders are achieved to production targets / timescales
- Monitoring the team's performance and KPI's, liaising with the production manager daily to update him accordingly
- Setting and operating a range of CNC Turners including Mazak and Okuma
- Full setup including tooling, material, speeds and feeds
- Running a first off and inspecting using measuring equipment, before final pass off from QC dept
- Working from customer drawings, CAD designs and job route cards
- Producing one off to medium batch components from cast iron material
- Running multiple machines within the cell area
- Adhering to all health and safety procedures and general upkeep / maintenance of the equipment and work areas daily
We would love to hear from you if you've had experience in the following -
- CNC Team Leader, Supervisor, Section Leader, CNC Turner, Lathe machinist, Lathe Part Programmer Setter
- Demonstrate clear leadership qualities, ideally with previous experience overseeing a team of machinists
- Able to edit and modify programmes using either FANUC or Mazatrol
- Confident with high frequency setups for 1 off component manufacture
- Understand and interpret 2D & 3D drawings
- Flexibility towards overtime when required
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.