Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the CNC Turner will be responsible for producing high precision components to be used in the Oil & Gas industry.
Our client is a privately-owned sub-contract machining organisation that employs close to 50 people, due to organic growth and heightened demand of their services, they are now actively looking for an experienced CNC Turner to permanently join their team.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Develop and Produce CNC programmes for straight forward types of component for any machine in the section (Hardinge, Doosan Pumas & 600 Lathes - all Fanuc controlled)
- Set and operate Lathes using existing or new programmes depending on specific job/component
- Ensuring the CNC Turning work section work schedule is met
- Assist or instruct other operatives with set ups tooling and cutting details as necessary in order to get the best benefit from programmes
- Record all details of tooling, set-up and any other information that is deemed necessary to enable efficient use of the programme the next time it is used (notes, photos, sketches etc.)
- Wherever possible, identify and obtain tooling, fixtures and machine programme requirements for jobs in advance of starting the job in order to reduce spindle stop time.
- Advise management of possible means of improving efficiency within the department and the company as a whole.
- Develop within the section, first off and in process inspection routines in order to reduce waiting time and demands on the inspection department.
- Ensure that routine maintenance (lubrication, cutting fluid, machine cleaning etc) tasks are carried out at the required frequencies.
- Assist in developing job cycle times for quotation purposes.
Package & Benefits:
- Salary: Negotiable depending on proven ability and experience
- Working Hours: Day shifts (38 hours per week)
- Monday to Thursday: 0800 to 1630
- Friday: 0800 - 1430
- Overtime: Regularly available (paid at 1.5)
- Currently working 2 hours per day and Saturday mornings
- Holiday Entitlement: 254 Hours per annum (including bank holidays) - approx. 33 Days
- Company Pension Scheme (enrolled after 3 months)
- Employer Contribution: 3%
- Employee Contribution: 5%
If you are an experienced CNC Turner and your skills match this position, please contact E3 Recruitment on 01484 645269 or forward your CV to Callum Good at E3 Recruitment via email - or "apply on line" now
This position is being advertised on behalf of E3 Recruitment who operate as an employment business.