Job Title - Commis Chef
Reference No. -VC8872
Salary - £8.38 per hour
Job Type - Permanent
Location - York
As a Commis Chef at this busy fast paced venue in the centre of York you would be expected to work across varying areas of the business including breakfasts, lunches, al a carte diner and working in the staff canteen. You will also have the chance to be part of the team that delivers a first-class service for banquets, weddings, conference lunches and private dining events. You will benefit from a pay above the National Living Wage and also bonus's for successfully completing your 3 month and 6-month probation.
The Company - An International flagship brand with more than 500 global hotel locations, located centrally on a busy bus route. You will be joining a great company with fantastic benefits and the chance to progress your career through fully supported and funded Apprenticeships programmes.
- Preparation of buffet breakfasts, buffet lunch, a la carte dining, bar meals and room service in addition to preparing food for the staff canteen
- Preparation of banquet meals and private dining including weddings, conference lunches and parties
- Communicate and work closely with the food & beverage team to ensure prompt service and full understanding of menu items
- Assist in the preparation of daily specials to develop culinary skills and creativity
- Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to Manager
- Speak with others using clear and professional language. Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with others
- Standing and walking for an extended period. Reaching overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping. Moving, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and placing objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Experience working in a similar Hotel environment
- Happy to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good knowledge of Food Hygiene
- The ability to work independently and resourcefully
Benefits -As a Commis Chef you will have a stating pay of £8.38 per hour, although on completion of your 3-month probation you will receive a £250 bonus and a further £250 on completion of 6 months service, you will also receive a share of service charges and gratuities paid on a monthly basis. You will be expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, working 5 shifts out of 7 and this will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays. You will also receive free meals on duty, tea & coffee, car parking, uniform, and gym membership.
For further details please contact Rob Lazenby at Castle Hospitality on 01723 500643 and email your CV to email@example.com
Castle Employment Group is an award-winning recruitment company based in Scarborough, Leeds and York. With over 50 years of experience, we deliver a market leading service building long-term relationships with our candidates. We offer an honest, straightforward approach, tailored to deliver exactly what our candidates need.
Castle Employment provides temporary, permanent and contract employment opportunities throughout Yorkshire and the UK. Our highly experienced team of consultants are all specialists within their field of recruitment and have a thorough understanding and knowledge of their roles ensuring that they can deliver a perfect match for your career aspirations.
At Castle Employment Group, we recognise and appreciate the value of high-quality candidates - so only right that we reward the people who introduce them to us. Simply refer a friend to us, and if we find them a temporary or permanent position we will reward you with a shopping voucher to spend on yourself.
Due to the high volume of candidates that apply for our applications, we are unable to get in touch with every application. Therefore, if you haven't heard from one of our consultants within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.