Looking for a permanent career where you can be part of a developing and growing charity? We have new opportunities for two Community Support Workers to join the team to support members predominantly in North Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. One of these roles is permanent and the other is fixed term to cover maternity leave until March 2020.
Blind Veterans UK believes that no one who has served our country should have to battle blindness alone. We offer blind veterans access to the highest quality of services to help them discover life beyond sight loss.
In the Community Support Worker job you will be:
- providing on-going assessment and support to our beneficiaries in their homes and communities
- Assessing their needs for advice and information, rehabilitation and training, care support and financial assistance
- Working in conjunction with statutory and voluntary agencies to help our service users maximise their independence
- Following a rigorous case management process and adhering to safeguarding and risk management procedures
The ideal candidate for the Community Support Worker job will have:
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Excellent organisational and communication skills and an ability to work autonomously
- Experience of maintaining paper and electronic records and have a good understanding of how to maintain appropriate relationships with service users
- Effective IT skills (essential) including a good working knowledge of the MS Office suite and experience of using databases
- A positive attitude with the ability to demonstrate a collaborative, resourceful and confidential approach
This is a permanent, full time (35 hours a week) position on a salary of £30,300 per annum plus company benefits. The role is home based in the areas of North Lincolnshire, Nottingham & Nottinghamshire.
This position will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for applications is Midday on Monday 22nd July 2019.
Interviews: Friday 2nd August 2019 in Sheffield
Please note, only completed application forms will be accepted for consideration, not CVs.
To be considered, please apply here and we will send you details of how to get further information about the job, links to download the application form and personal details form and where to send them.
If any part of the application process is inaccessible to you, please advise us via email@example.com.
If you think you have what it takes to be a part of a developing and growing charity that values its beneficiaries, staff and volunteers, please start the process by clicking apply now!