Community Team Leader job, Lancashire and Cumbria
Are you looking for the chance to make a significant contribution to the quality of life for vision impaired veterans? At Blind Veterans UK, we believe that no one who has served our country should have to battle blindness alone. It is our mission to ensure that vision impaired ex-service men and women have access to the finest quality of services to help them discover life beyond sight loss.
We are now looking for a Team Leader to deliver directly and through partnership working with other organisations, first class rehabilitation and social care services.
Responsibilities of the Community Team Leader job, Lancashire and Cumbria include:
- Be managing a multi-disciplinary team of up to 6 staff and a workforce of volunteers
- Have responsibility for a shared caseload of members
- Be delivering community based services over one or more county areas
- Have budget responsibility in the region of £500K
- Be acting as the local ambassador for the charity with responsibility for forming and developing effective partnerships to augment service delivery
The ideal applicant for the Community Team Leader job, Lancashire and Cumbria will have:
- Have experience leading and managing a multi-disciplinary team
- Be a skilled case manager with extensive experience of community service development and delivery through professional support staff
- Have good knowledge of resources and benefits available to older people and people with disabilities
- Be a caring, committed and supportive manager
- Be a good networker, able to develop collaborative relationships with other service providers in their areas
- Be resourceful and used to working with initiative
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be able to travel to any part of the region, some of which may be inaccessible by public transport
This is a permanent full time (35 hrs/week), home based position with travel across Lancashire and Cumbria on an annual salary of £40,000 PLUS company benefits which include free life assurance, sickness benefit scheme, childcare voucher scheme, free Healthcare programme and Employee Assistance Programme, a generous pension scheme and potentially access to a company car dependant on geographical area.
This role will be subject to enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date for applications for the Community Team Leader job is midday on Friday 29 March 2019.
Telephone Interviews: 4th and 5th April 2019
Recruitment & Selection day: 16th or 17th April 2019 at the Llandudno Centre
Please note, only completed application forms will be accepted for consideration, not CVs.
To be considered, please apply here and we will send you details of how to get further information about the job, links to download the application form and personal details form and where to send them.
If any part of the application process is inaccessible to you, please advise us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you think you have what it takes to be a part of a developing and growing charity that values its beneficiaries, staff and volunteers, please start the process by clicking apply now!