Attains regulatory and product quality & engineering compliance by preventing compliance issues, through development and enforcement of effective compliance based processes and documentation.
* Prevents compliance issues by collaborating with engineering planning and design teams; reviewing design data; identifying and resolving product and engineering design issues; identifying short-term and long-range issues; researching and identifying applicable regulatory and industry compliance standards and codes; developing compliance policies.
* Develops compliance plans by researching, analysing, selecting, and applying compliance engineering concepts, approaches, techniques, and criteria; adapting and modifying compliance engineering options; developing and evaluating new compliance methodologies; qualifying vendors, components, and parts.
* Organises compliance program by preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources including relevant test equipment and tooling.
* Determines compliance by establishing compliance test standards; conducting and witnessing tests and system Risk Assessments; performing diagnostic procedures; measuring performance; analysing and evaluating findings; performing forensic analysis of failures; troubleshooting failures; supervising internal teams and sub-contractors.
* Attains compliance by isolating and resolving non-compliance issues; recommending product and process changes; initiating engineering change orders.
* Documents compliance by completing approval applications; recording test results; preparing investigative reports; preparing and filing Declarations of Conformity, with associated Technical Files and Operational & Maintenance manuals; maintaining compliance database.
* Maintains engineering team accomplishments by reviewing open issues and action items; coordinating actions; contributing information and analysis to team meetings and reports.
* Prepares compliance reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising measurement data and trends. * Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging compliance engineering practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities and professional organisations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
* Enhances engineering and organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Qualifications, skills and personal attributes:
* Degree / HND or appropriate equivalent within relevant engineering field
* Production planning
* Manufacturing methods and procedures
* Manufacturing quality
* Personal organisation
* General math skills
* Process improvement
* Strategic planning
* Verbal & written communication
* Attention to detail
* Flexible and adaptive
·Experience of managing 8D processes (or equivalent), with proven track record of effectively managing these defect events, both through internal teams and external supply chain
·A clear understanding of CE Marking production practices and routes to market
·Creating technical documents and reports (O&Ms / Product Improvement Plans etc)
·Excellent spoken and written English is essential
|Location||Bristol||Job Type||Full Time - Permanent|
|Salary||£33000.00 - £35000 per annum||Sector||Engineering|