This UK based high-technology Company in South Devon provides innovative solutions to a highly varied client base. They have successfully developed their own switching technology allowing clients to create a truly flexible computing architecture coined as the elastic compute model. They are a recognised leader in providing key enabling technologies in this environment on a global basis. They are now looking to recruit a Quality and Compliance Engineer with a thorough knowledge of product compliance to international standards including UL, CE, FCC.
- To control and maintain all aspects of product regulatory compliance to international standards for embedded electronic devices.
- To analyse and determine the requirements for accreditation in all international markets.
- To input into the NPI process through specifying the necessary standards during new product development.
- To ensure global EMC compliance and global safety compliance are adhered to eg FCC, CE, UL etc.
- To liaise with regulatory authorities such as UL to obtain and
- To manage materials compliance in line with RoHS and REACH.
- To define product ECCN and export licensing requirements for embedded electronic devices.
- Degree/HND in an engineering subject
- Previous experience within a product compliance/regulatory role within an electronics manufacturing environment
- ISO 9001, experience in internal auditing or management would be beneficial
- Experience of ISO 27001, again desirable but not essential
- Excellent understanding of product compliance to international standards including UL, CE, FCC
- Demonstrable knowledge of UK and US export control and licensing requirements
- Highly analytical, data driven, numerically literate with a meticulous attention to detail
- Able to work in an growing Agile environment with a can-do attitude Project Management skills
- Excellent database experience with an ability to maintain and manipulate information.
- Team worker
- Attention to detail
Associated Benefits: Company Pension
Working Hours: 8.30-5 Mon-Fri (if part time hours are sought, there maybe an option to work a 4 day week)
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.