The Job Holder will be responsible for engaging and managing sub-contractors and suppliers to deliver projects safely, on time, within budget and in conformance with quality requirements
He /She will also compile detailed project schedules with corresponding cash flows. As soon as the Project goes live, you will be the main point of contact for all stakeholders.
You will also work closely with customers, finance, suppliers, HSE, site management and in-house design. Contractor Candidates will also be considered
- Ensuring projects are delivered in compliance with the NEC3 Contracts and governance arrangements, on-time and within budget and in compliance with quality standards and requirements.
- Manage the Client/Contractors/End-user (interface), including all meetings and negotiations, including variations to Contract
- Facilitating the appointment of Contractors and suppliers to the projects and manage RFQ’s.
- Managing the communications with all stakeholders.
- Evaluate and manage risks to achieve successful outcomes.
- Raise and expedite payment applications to ensure optimum cash flow.
- Prepare project reports for each contract weekly.
- Reviewing methods of working, alternative materials etc to maximise commercial profitability.
- Responsible for all project planning
- Review methods of working and use of alternative materials and other Continuous Improvement activities.
- Providing aftercare services to the customer.
- Managing the handover of assets
To be the successful Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
- NEC3 Practitioner and minimum HNC in Mechanical Engineering / Construction, with IOSHH
- A proven track record of on-site project delivery within the water treatment and related sectors
- Experience in organising and delivery of multi-site programmes and work schedules (to £1M)
- Fully conversant with all construction legislation, and safety regulations and standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge and implementation of the NEC 3 suite of contracts (Construction).
- Familiarity with MS Project / Prince, plus ideally competence in Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project and Maximo (desirable).
- Able to use own initiative, with to achieve key deadlines and successfully deliver multiple projects.
- An experienced negotiator and active team member with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Natural leader and flexible problem solver and determined and tenacious completer-finisher
- Good knowledge of project management, budgeting and resource allocation processes.
- Full Driving Licence, as travel throughout the UK will be involved, normally 1 or 2 days per week.
This position represents an exceptional opportunity for career progression with an expanding organisation and the Contracts Manager will receive a negotiable salary of up to Circa £50,000 (neg.) plus bonus and car allowance, plus benefits.