up to £35k
I am working alongside a leading industrial manufacturer who is looking for an experienced cost accountant to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the standard costs of the UK industrial business. You will also analyse and maintain inventory records on a regular basis.
- Standard costs - control and processing of the annual standard cost roll procedure in SAP.
- Inventory - Prepare analysis of inventory on a weekly and monthly basis. Prepare reports analysing inventory ageing in order to calculate provisions for obsolete/slow moving inventory.
- General Ledger - Prepare and post accurate and timely journal entries.
- Reconciliations - Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Reports - Provide timely, accurate and professional reports that include daily input / output updates, weekly shipping forecasts, inventory analysis plus annual federal and state tax type schedules.
- Analysis - Perform ad hoc analysis and work with operating personnel to identify cost and product cost issues and opportunities.
- Part qualified in accounting or finance (CIMA/ACCA)
- Experience with standard costing in a manufacturing environment and inventory control / analysis
- Good knowledge and practical experience with corporate accounting
- Reporting and consolidation issues including those associated with GAAP and SEC rules and regulations
- Ability to identify and investigate trends and potential issues
- Proficient use of SAP
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.