Castle Education are working with local Secondary Schools in Scarborough and Bridlington to appoint cover supervisor's whose main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set by an absent teacher.
The role would be flexible and day to day which could include an early morning call for work.
The role is an excellent chance to gain experience in the classroom and develop skills whilst pursuing studies or considering a teacher qualification.
Role and Responsibilities
As a cover supervisor your role and responsibilities will include:
- covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
- supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
- managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- collecting completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- reporting back as appropriate, using the school's standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
Castle Education will consider applications from individuals who hold one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Post Graduate Degree/Certificate in Education
Skills, Interests and Qualities
As a cover supervisor you will need to be:
- highly adaptable as there is no regular timetable
- be confident, organised and at times, diplomatic
- patient, flexible, creative with a good sense of humour
You will need to demonstrate that you have:
- experience of working with secondary aged children
- the ability to manage groups of children and cope with challenging behaviour.
- the ability to build good relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers
- a knowledge of the National Curriculum for KS3 and KS4
- the ability to work as part of a team
- good reading, writing and numeracy skills
What you need to do now
If you are interested, please call Liz on 01723 365432 or email your up to date CV to email@example.com. We also deal with a number of contract and permanent positions in the area, so if you are considering looking for a new position please get in touch for a confidential chat.
We offer a refer-a-friend scheme where you can be rewarded with up to £150 worth of vouchers for each successful referral you make. Please get in touch if you know someone who may be interested.
Castle Employment Group is an award-winning recruitment company based in Scarborough, Leeds and York. With over 50 years of experience, we deliver a market leading service building long-term relationships with our candidates. We offer an honest, straightforward approach, tailored to deliver exactly what our candidates need.
Castle Employment provides temporary, permanent and contract employment opportunities throughout Yorkshire and the UK. Our highly experienced team of consultants are all specialists within their field of recruitment and have a thorough understanding and knowledge of their roles ensuring that they can deliver a perfect match for your career aspirations.
At Castle Employment Group, we recognise and appreciate the value of high-quality candidates - so only right that we reward the people who introduce them to us. Simply refer a friend to us, and if we find them a temporary or permanent position we will reward you with a shopping voucher to spend on yourself.
Due to the high volume of candidates that apply for our applications, we are unable to get in touch with every application. Therefore, if you haven't heard from one of our consultants within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.