Customer Support Engineer
£35,000 - £37,500
A well-established manufacturing company based in South Bristol, operating worldwide.
The Customer Support Engineer will be working alongside the Technical Support Manager to serve ever more complex products and demanding customers. System commissioning and correct set up is even more important, processes are more challenging and with the time to market reducing there is a greater call on the Customer Support team to support the field and engage the factory.
You will be required to provide professional reactive and proactive customer support to regional customer support teams in mitigating and resolving product nonconformities or application problems with the customers.
In addition, you will be required to provide support for the introduction and maintenance of new product families, systems and upgrades with technical reviews, customer support deliverables, training and documentation.
You will also need to share technical product feedback and lessons learnt within regional customer support teams.
The Successful Candidate
To be considered for this position you will be able to demonstrate that you possess the following skills, attributes and experiences:
- Working as a Technical Support Engineer or in an electro-mechanical installation / commissioning / testing role.
- Proven in depth knowledge of electrical and/or mechanical systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Well proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems
- Experience of providing technical guidance to other staff
- Confident grasp of increasingly complex technical matters, indicated by speed, accuracy and quality work
- Approachable by others for advice and assistance