Dementia Support Worker
We are recruiting a Dementia Support Worker to work for our client who run and manage several community day centres for adults with dementia. The dementia support worker post is based in North London.
The role of the Dementia Support Worker will be to provide and deliver stimulating activities for the clients visiting the day centre and to provide personal assistance where required.
As a Dementia Support Worker, you will receive
- A competitive salary of £19, 400
- Free lunch when eating with the clients
- Excellent holiday entitlement 22 days basic, plus additional ad hoc days
- Sick pay
- Free eye test
- Various discount schemes
For this role you will be responsible for: -
- Providing a wide range of activities for the clients to get involved with
- Leading some of the activity sessions
- Support with any personal care requirements
- Work well with other team members in the preparation of activities
- Provide as many person-centred care activities as possible
- Act as a key worker
- Helping to serve teas, coffee’s and lunch
The ideal dementia support worker will have: -
- Previous experience working with adults who have dementia
- Knowledge and an understanding of issues affecting people with dementia
- NVQ level 2
- Have a cheerful and happy disposition
Our client will be interviewing imminently for this role, therefore please apply for this role asap.
Due to the nature of the business, the successful candidate will be eligible to an enhanced DBS check.
Oakley Professional Recruitment is a permanent and contract only recruitment consultancy.