A product design engineer with experience taking products from concept to manufacture. Able to lead a team of engineers and projects. You will need a strong background in plastics and design for manufacture.
A multi-national, global market leader is expanding their NPD team. With 50 years of consistent growth and design innovation, this company is looking to stay at the leading end of development with strong concept generation, prototyping and R&D. Alongside an attractive salary, they offer an agile team structure, travel to sunnier climes, full product development and cool stuff like 3% pension, BUPA and bonus schemes.
As a Middle Weight Design Engineer will you be responsible for:
- Product ownership and development.
- Design for manufacture process.
- Understanding of tooling for injection moulding.
- Validation via reviews, stress analysis, assembly tolerances and testing.
- Some leadership of junior members of the team.
To love this role you will have:
- A demonstrable experience in product development.
- CAD such as (Pro/engineer, wildfire, creo, solidworks, solid-works).
- Prototyping experience
- And of course, a degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
As with most great companies comes an excellent benefits package which includes:
- £30,000 - £40,000
- Up to 15% Bonus
- Stock options
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Medical, life and disability plans
- Subsidised gym membership
- Annual salary reviews
- The list goes on and on
The consumer market is dynamic and innovative which requires a certain type of environment for the growth of new ideas. This is what you will find here with a strong emphasis on developing skill and a team feel.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.