Do you want to work for an established and exciting British brand on new product development using your mechanical design capabilities to generate new concepts and technical specifications using mechanical principles and production knowledge?
Have you got experience design with CAD, building prototypes and bill of materials management, along with FEA validation and test procedures with an eye for aesthetically pleasing design and would you like to use these in state of the art facilities to develop products for a global market?
The client is a well-known British brand that is synonymous with design in the modern era. With historical growth and future plans to continue this growth in their market.
An experienced Mechanical Design Engineer will need to:
- Generate new concepts from brief.
- Manage multiple projects.
- Research and drive design direction.
- Understand ergonomics, mechanical principles and manufacturing methods.
- Liaise and lead design teams.
- Use sketches to evolve new ideas and build prototypes to support.
- Proven experience as a Design Engineer or Mechanical Engineer.
- Qualified to degree level in either PhD, MSc, MA, MEng, BA, BEng or BSc Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, Product or Innovation Engineering.
- FEA, FMEA and Tolerance stack experience in product development.
- Strong mechanism and detailed assembly design.
- Knowledge of multiple manufacturing techniques, including CNC, injection moulding, Die casting, forging and welding.
- High level of proficiency using Solidworks for 3D CAD
- Basic Salary of £46,000
- Product discount
- Workplace pension
- Birthday breakfasts, family fun days
- Local community volunteering
- Flexible working
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, click the "APPLY NOW" button below and we'll be in touch.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.