Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Are you an established designer within the Automation sector? Are you looking to make a move in to a role which works from CAD drawing to PLC Programming? Have you got experience in working on bespoke projects?
A Design/Automation engineer position is live in Cambridgeshire, following company growth. Predominantly this is a machine designing role, however this role could also include many aspects of delivering bespoke automation solutions. You can expect your day to consist of researching, designing, specifying and CAD drawing of bespoke systems and will include both on-site and client based work.
- To be in charge of Mechanical Design Work packages for a project
- Adhere to agreed deadline dates for the mechanical design of systems and associated equipment.
- Work to company values with an importance to safety procedures.
- Produce CAD drawings and designs of bespoke machinery and parts
- Research and development work across automation processes
- Commissionin bespoke machinery
- PLC and robot programming for automation projects
- Occasionally provide support on mechanical assembly and installation work (this is not the prime job role but you will need to be prepared to support where necessary).
- Solidworks, Inventor, AutoCad3D or Similar
- Robot Programming - Beneficial
- PLC programming in structured text - ideally Beckhoff - Beneficial
Other ideal criteria
- Mechanical and Electrical engineering ability
- CAD design for automated machinery
- Solidworks experience
- Commissioning a wide variety of machinery
- Mechanical engineering qualification
- Experience with programming PLC's for automated produts
- KUKA robot programming training and experience
If you would like to know more about the associated benefits with the position. Please apply.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.