Role: Design Engineer
Location: Commutable from - Northwich, Altrincham, Stockport, Warrington, Sale, Macclesfield and Wilmslow
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000
Are you a Design Engineer with experience working in a Mechanical engineering environment? Do you have an interest in both Mechanical and Electrical products?
If so, we want to speak with you about a role that has become open with a family-owned manufacturer of Electro-Mechanical products.
You, the Design Engineer, will be responsible for both new projects and on-going development of existing products. You will be working closely with customers and teams internally so you will so willing to provide high-quality support to your team. Enthusiasm and a natural desire to collaborate with your team is imperative to the position.
A competitive package is on offer along with good benefits (See below) and you will be trained heavily to get you up to speed with the various products they work with. This ensures you are working to the highest possible standards.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualified (Engineering, Maths, Physics)
- 1 year of experience (Minimum) in a Design engineering position
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- IT Literate, including competence with Microsoft Office.
Not must-haves, but Beneficial requirements.
- Knowledge or experience in Manufacturing Engineering.
- Hands-on experience with machining, welding, carpentry or mechanical assembly.
- Electrical interest or knowledge
- 3D CAD Package
- Value engineering
- Contributing to design discussions.
- Performing calculations to verify designs & Liaising with suppliers with regards to parts manufacture, delivery and cost.
- Progressing projects for new parts and assemblies from conceptual design through into production.
- Responsibility for the creation of new bills of materials and the manipulation of existing bills.
- Creating technical drawings for both new and existing parts.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- 22 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays and birthday.
- 2 years' death-in-service benefit
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.