A home-grown power electronics company are branching into the consumer market with their groundbreaking new product range and they are looking for an experienced design engineer to lead them through this new product development process.
As with most consumer electronics, there is a strong focus on injection moulding, ergonomics and high volume manufacturing for the UK and international market.
This position requires a hands mentality as this is the first position in the design team and they are building a team around it.
As a design engineer will you be responsible for:
- The leadership of multiple projects.
- Design of complete systems including various sub-assemblies and mechanisms.
- Cost-effective solutions.
- Validation via reviews, stress analysis, assembly tolerances and testing.
- Input in development activities.
The design engineer they are looking for will have:
- Degree level or equivalent mechanical engineering qualification.
- CAD such as (Pro/engineer, wildfire, creo, Solidworks, solid-works).
- FEA, stress analysis.
- Strong plastic injection moulding experience.
- Experience testing and experimenting with prototypes.
For your time and experience as a design engineer, you will receive;
- £40,000 - £45,000
- Pension contribution
- 25+ Holidays
- Bonus schemes
- Casual dress code
In addition to the formal package, the company promote strong ethics, integrity and team culture for a results-driven environment.
If you are an experienced mechanical or design engineer with plastic injection moulding, medical device, mechanism or consumer devices we would be very interested in talking with you.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.